Garmin eTrex 22x Handheld GPS
See The Way
eTrex 22x offer enhanced 2.2”, 65K color, sunlight-readable displays. Durable and water resistant, these handhelds are built to withstand the elements.
Explore the Terrain
The eTrex 22x handheld devices come preloaded with road-routable TopoActive maps that feature streets and trails so you can take the journey off the grid. Now you can know your surroundings - such as waterways, natural features as well as buildings, international boundaries and more.
You can also find thousands of points of interests, including shops, restaurants, universities, car parks and accommodations.
Keep Your Fix
The eTrex series uses both GPS and GLONASS satellite systems so the receiver has the ability to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
With a microSD card slot and expanded 8 GB of internal memory, you can easily download additional maps for wherever the adventure takes you.
Both devices support BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required), so you can download and integrate satellite imagery with your maps.
eTrex 22x support paperless geocaching. Upload GPX files straight to your device, and view key information such as location, terrain and hints from Geocaching.com
With an array of compatible mounts, eTrex is designed as a handheld - for use on ATVs or bicycles, in boats or on foot. Use the auto mount capability and City Navigator® NT maps for turn-by-turn driving directions, or use the rugged mount for your motorcycle or ATV. Wherever you think you might take eTrex, it has the mapping and mounts to get you there.
- 2.2” sunlight-readable colour display with 240 x 320 display pixels for improved readability
- Preloaded with TopoActive maps with routable roads and trails for cycling and hiking
- Support for GPS and GLONASS satellite systems allows for tracking in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- 8 GB of internal memory for map downloads plus a microSD™ card slot
- Battery life: up to 25 hours in GPS mode with 2 AA batteries
- GENERAL (Below)
- Physical dimensions: 2.1" x 4.0" x 1.3" (5.4 x 10.3 x 3.3 cm)
- Display size: 1.4" x 1.7" (3.5 x 4.4 cm); 2.2" diag (5.6 cm)
- Display resolution: 240 x 320 pixels
- Display type: 2.2" transflective, 65K color TFT
- Weight: 5 oz (141.7 g) with batteries
- Battery: 2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery life: 25 hours
- Water rating: IPX7
- Memory/History: 8GB
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
- Interface: USB
- MAP & MEMORY (Below)
- Preloaded maps: Yes (TopoActive; routable)
- Ability to add maps: Yes
- Basemap: Yes
- Storage and Power Capacity: microSD™ card (not included)
- Waypoints/favourites/locations: 2000
- Routes: 200
- Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- OUTDOOR RECREATION FEATURES (Below)
- Area calculation: Yes
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Geocaching-friendly: Yes (Paperless)
- Hunt/fish calendar: Yes
- Sun and moon information: Yes
- Picture viewer: Yes
At Garmin we rigorously test our devices to make sure they’ll survive the activities for which they were designed. You should note that even if a device is above a depth it is rated for, it might still suffer water ingression if it is subjected to an activity that creates pressure on it that exceeds that depth rating.
Water rating IPX7 eTrex 22x is suitable for:
Mounting on vehicles (e.g. boat, motorcycle, bike, ATV, golf cart), splashes, rain or snow and incidental exposure to water of up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. Unsuitable for: Prolonged or continuous immersion.
Garmin One Year Consumer Products Limited Warranty
Non-aviation products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase. Within this period, Garmin Australasia will, at its sole option, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use.
Such repairs or replacement will be made at no charge to the customer for parts or labour, provided that the customer shall be responsible for any transportation cost.
Before seeking warranty service, please access and review the online help resources available on www.support.garmin.com/en-AU/ If your device is still not functioning properly after making use of these resources, contact a Garmin Authorized service facility in the original country of purchase or follow the instructions on www.support.garmin.com to obtain warranty service. If you are in Australia you can also call 1-800-235-822.
- 1 x Garmin eTrex 22x Handheld GPS
- USB cable